Adding a District Printer
Staff members of districts connected to active directory have the ability to add printers to computers that they are logged into. If you often move between districts, you can install printers from multiple districts.
- This will only install the printer for your profile on the computer that you install it on.
- Some printers are restricted by administration and you will need to contact the helpdesk to install them.
- If you cannot find the printer, encounter other problems, or do not feel comfortable adding a printer yourself please contact the helpdesk.
- In Windows, open the start menu and type "control panel", you may not need to type the whole thing; Windows will likely find it before you are finished typing.
- In the control panel type in printers in the upper right search box and click on devices and printers.
- In the Devices and Printers windows select Add a printer from the menu bar.
- Click on The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select the Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature and hit Next
- Open the drop down menu at the top and select the district in which the printer you'd like to add is.
- Click Find Now.
- The printer should be listed in the section at the bottom of the window. Just double click the specific printer you'd like to add and it will begin to download the drivers and install the printer.