The FortiGate Proxy is currently being used at Calumet Public schools and Adams Township Schools in order to filter web traffic on student machines to remain compliant with CIPA. In order to browse the web on a Chromebook while it is not connected to the school's network, it will require the user to login to the FortiGate web proxy upon each login. Please follow the below steps in order to connect to the proxy. Please note that the proxy should not be prompted while connected to the school's network.
In order to remain CIPA compliant, all district-owned devices used by students must be filtered. The Fortigate web proxy allows us to do that.
When outside the school district's network:
- If you have issues connecting to your home wireless, log out of the Chromebook and then try to connect before logging back in.
- Login to the Chromebook using the student's email address and
- Once logged in a window will pop up asking for your username and password again. Be sure to use the entire email, including the "@" and everything after it, even if it was not needed to log into the Chromebook.
- If the proxy prompt does not show up,
- press the the refresh button and it should then pop up.
- If you are still having issues please contact REMC1 SupportNet