- To give normal users rights to add their own printers: Assign Normal OSX user Print Operators Privileges
- This guide is for the installation of a local and/or Network printer for a computer running OSX.
- For network printing this will only work for districts on Active Directory, currently: Adams, CCISD, CLK, Chassell, Dollar Bay, Ewen, Forest Park, Hancock, Houghton, Ironwood, Lake Linden, L'Anse, Ontonagon, Stanton, REMC1, Watersmeet.
- This will install printers computer wide.
- Students do not have the option to add their own printers.
If you want printers added to a lab please contact the SupportNet Helpdesk
- Some specialized printers are locked down and you will need to contact the helpdesk to install them.
- If you are not comfortable adding your own printers you can call the helpdesk and we can help you add them.
If you cannot find the printer you are looking for please contact the SupportNet Helpdesk and we can help you find out what the name is.