There are clients for Windows, OSX, AppleIOS (in the app store), Android (Google Play Store) and Linux below
USE PORT 10443
- Download the SSL Vpn clients for Windows, OSX and Linux below. Use only these versions as they are tested to be stable
- THE USER MUST BE ADDED TO THE REMC1MemberVPNAccess group at the root of the forest adremc1.org which is located in the ManagedServicesGroups OU. It may take up to 30min for replication to occur before you can add the user.
- The TSL 1.1 and 1.2 security protocols must be enabled (usually is by default), otherwise the connection will fail at 40%. The setting for that in WIndows is under Internet options→Advanced. You can access Internet Options through either the Control Panel or through Internet Explorer.
- OUTSIDE VENDORS OR ENTITIES ONLY CONNECTING IN → must be given a LOCAL FORTIGATE USER and added to the REMC1-District-Ipsecvpn-SSLvpn group (Or a group that is made especially for the vendor for limited access)
- OUTSIDE VENDORS OR ENTITIES ONLY CONNECTING IN → If they only need DMZ access then only add them to the DMZvpn group on the fortigate. You can create other groups which will limit vendors to other areas. This is mentioned in the SSLvpn configuration wiki.
- ONLY FOR REMC1 Employees→ REMC1 EMPLOYEES ONLY MUST BE ADDED TO THE REMC1VpnUsers user group in the REMC1 domain
- YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL THIS CLIENT
- Download and install 'District SSL VPN Connection And Clients'
- Run the install. Installation may require local admin privileges. At one point the install MAY download updates from fortinet. THIS MAY PAUSE FOR EVEN 10MIN AT 0% you must be patient it will continue if you have an internet connection
- After running the install you should see a red shield on your desktop titled Forticlient. Run this by double clicking
- You will get a Forticlient Console window. Select the 'Remote Access' tab and click the blue 'Configure VPN' link in the center of the white area (see picture below)
- Provide a connection name
- The Remote gateway is fortigate.remc1.net for most individuals including Supportnet members, vendor, or other outside party. Otherwise please email or call email@example.com / 9064877624 to ask what the endpoint address is for your entity
- Vendors and other 3rd parties require a user/pass to be added to the fortigate directly and provided to the vendor/3rd party (see step 10)
- Put a check in the customize port box and enter 10443
- Optional: Click the 'Save Login' radio button and in the Username Field type in your username. This will be your FULL USERNAME which designates what district or entity you are employed with. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
If you are a vendor REMC1 will supply you with your username. Contact REMC1 Support if you are unsure of your full username at 9064877624
- Click 'Apply'
- Download the OSX client below and double click on the download. It will mount as a drive. You must open the finder and click on it like a disk drive and run the forticlientupdate.app as shown in the screenshot below.
- A window will pop up. Click 'Continue', then 'Continue', then 'Agree to the license' (if you are UPGRADING then you will not see that step) then click the 'Customize' button on the lower middle part of the window (see screenshot below)
- IMPORTANT NOW UNCHECK OTHER COMPONENTS or it will install a slew of annoying garbage such as webfilter, antivirus etc. which you don't need
- Click the 'Install' button and finally the 'Close' button
- On the top OSX Menu Bar click the Black Shield and select Open Forticlient Console OR Go to your Finder then click 'Applications' on the left side of that window then on the right side double click on the Forticlient icon with the Red Shield (see pictures of both methods below).
- Once open, click the 'Remote Access' tab on the left side of the window then the gray gear icon on the right part of the window and select Add New Connection (see picture below)
- Select the SSLvpn radio button on top
- Name your connection: eg: CCISD or Hancock Schools or REMC1
- Remote Gateway: fortigate.remc1.net
- Click 'Customize Port' and type in 10443
- Click 'Save Login' checkbox
- Type in your username in the Username field. This will be your FULL USERNAME which designates what district or entity you are employed with. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Contact remc1 if you are a vendor/outside entity or are unsure of your full username.
- Click the 'Add' button at the bottom right