To Manually Configure
- Download the OSX client below and double click on the download. It will mount as a drive. You must open the finder and click on it like a disk drive and run the forticlientupdate.app as shown in the screenshot below.
- A window will pop up. Click 'Continue', then 'Continue', then 'Agree to the license' (if you are UPGRADING then you will not see that step) then click the 'Customize' button on the lower middle part of the window (see screenshot below)
- IMPORTANT NOW UNCHECK OTHER COMPONENTS or it will install a slew of annoying garbage such as webfilter, antivirus etc. which you don't need
- Click the 'Install' button and finally the 'Close' button
- On the top OSX Menu Bar click the Black Shield and select Open Forticlient Console OR Go to your Finder then click 'Applications' on the left side of that window then on the right side double click on the Forticlient icon with the Red Shield (see pictures of both methods below).
- Once open, click the 'Remote Access' tab on the left side of the window then the gray gear icon on the right part of the window and select Add New Connection (see picture below)
- Select the SSLvpn radio button on top
- Name your connection: eg: CCISD or Hancock Schools or REMC1
- Remote Gateway: fortigate.remc1.net
- Click 'Customize Port' and type in 10443
- Click 'Save Login' checkbox
- Type in your username in the Username field. This will be your FULL USERNAME which designates what district or entity you are employed with. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Contact remc1 if you are a vendor/outside entity or are unsure of your full username.
- Click the 'Add' button at the bottom right