|Table of Contents|
Currently all users must be given a LOCAL FORTIGATE USER in the MC-MAPS VDOM and added to the MAPS-SSL-VPN group. Menominee Schools plans to link VPN authentication to Active Directory in the near future.
TSL 1.1 and 1.2 must be enabled, otherwise the connection will fail at 40%. The setting for that in WIndows is under Internet Options > Advanced.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL THIS CLIENT.
- Download and install: SSL VPN Client Software
- Run the install. Installation may require local admin privileges. At one point the install MAY download updates from fortinet. THIS MAY PAUSE FOR EVEN 10MIN AT 0% you must be patient it will continue if you have an internet connection.
- After running the install you should see a red shield on your desktop titled Forticlient. Run this by double clicking.
- You will get a Forticlient Console window. Click the blue "Configure VPN" link in the center of the white area (see picture below)
- Fill in the connection name
- The Remote gateway is menssl.remc1.net (which resolves to 22.214.171.124 but use the dns name not the IP)
- Put a check in the customize port box and enter 10443
- Optional: Click the Save Login radio button and in the Username Field type in your username.
- Click apply