To connect your personal device to a network, see Connect Personal Machine to Wireless.
If you're connecting to wireless or logging on to a computer at another school you'll need to use your(UPN) full domain username, replace 'username' with your network logon username.
|District||Full Domain Username|
*For Lake Linden that is two lowercase L's
Android v11 and above
As of Android version 11, the procedure for connecting to district wireless has changed
- Download REMC1.cer from Installing REMC1 Certificate Authority#Android
- IMPORTANT: We recommend moving this to a folder other than downloads. If you delete the above file, you will lose your connection to the wifi and have to do this process again.
- Go to Settings App > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Preferences > Advanced > Install Certificates
- Select the downloaded certificate
- Enter a name for the certificate
- Return to the Wi-Fi screen and select the District Wireless Network
- set the Following settings on the configuration screen
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate: The certificate you installed and named above
- Online Certificate Status Do Not Validate
- Domain: adremc1.org
- Identity: your Full Domain Username (see table above)
- Password: The password to your Active Directory account(same password as used for computer login)
- Advanced Options > Privacy :Use Device Mac
- Press connect
Android v10 and Lower
Some Android phones may need to connect in a similar manner as a Chromebook or Chrome OS device. If you have issues connecting your Android device when following these instructions then see the Chrome OS instructions below.
Open your Settings and go to your WiFi settings. Select the network that you want to join.
In Identity enter your username and your password in Password. If you are at a different school than you usually teach at, you will need to enter your full domain username (see table above). Click Connect.
You should see "Connected" under the network that you selected and the WiFi icon should show in the notifications bar.
- Open up the ChromeOS System Menu by clicking anywhere on the bottom bar that contains the time.
- From this menu choose the wifi icon and choose the correct wireless network (staff, student) The options below will be presented.
- From this menu choose the desired network to join. This will open up a network settings menu for the wireless network. The options are as follows:
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
Server CA Certificate: Do not check
Identity: Your fully qualified login (eg. email@example.com)
Password: Your network password
- You should now be connected to the wireless network.
Go to your Settings and the Wi-Fi tab. Select the network you will be joining. Here it's CCISD.
Enter your username and password. If you are at a different school you'll need to use your full domain username (see table above). Once you've entered the information select Join at the top.
Once you've done that click Trust. If you do not accept the certificate you will not join the network properly although it will look like you have, you will not be able to connect. You will first need to "forget" the network and connect again (click the "i" next to the network name and choose forget this network).
Once you've joined the network there will be a check next to the name and the WiFi symbol will appear in the top notifications bar. If you do not see the symbol you are not connected and you probably missed the certificate. You will need to "forget" the network and try again (click the "i" next to the network name and choose the option "forget this network").