Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
There are clients for Windows, OSX and Linux below
IMPORTANT IMPORTANT Info
- Download the SSL Vpn clients for Windows, OSX and Linux below. Use only these versions as they are tested to be stable
- THE USER MUST BE ADDED TO THE REMC1MemberVPNAccess group at the root of the forest adremc1.org which is located in the ManagedServicesGroups OU. If this is a new employee/user it may take 15min for replication to occur before you can add the user.
- OUTSIDE VENDORS OR ENTITIES ONLY CONNECTING IN must be given a LOCAL FORTIGATE USER and added to the REMC1-District-Ipsecvpn-SSLvpn group
- REMC1 EMPLOYEES MUST BE ADDED TO THE REMC1VpnUsers user group in the REMC1 domain
Windows Installation and connection
- YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL THIS CLIENT.
- THIS CLIENT STARTS A DOWNLOAD FROM FORTINET AFTER YOU START THE INSTALL. THIS MAY PAUSE FOR EVEN 10MIN AT 0% you must be patient it will continue if you have an internet connection.
- Download the most recent windows client exe from below
- Run the install. Installation may require local admin privileges. At one point the install downloads more packages from fortinet. THIS MAY PAUSE FOR EVEN 10MIN AT 0% you must be patient it will continue if you have an internet connection.
- After running the install you should see a red shield on your desktop titled Forticlient. Run this by double clicking.
- You will get a Forticlient Console window. Click the blue "Configure VPN" link in the center of the white area (see picture below)
- Fill in the connection name
- The Remote gateway is most likely fortigate.remc1.net for you if you are a school district, vendor, or other outside party. Otherwise please email or call email@example.com / 9064877624 to ask what the endpoint address is for your entity.
- Put a check in the customize port box and enter 10443
- Optional: Click the Save Login radio button and in the Username Field type in your username. This will be your FULL USERNAME which designates what distict or entity you are employed with. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . If you are a vendor REMC1 will supply you with your username. Contact REMC1 Support if you are unsure of your full username.
- Click apply
- You should see a red shield on your desktop titled Forticlient. Run this by double clicking. Alternatively you may see a green shield in the lower right taskbar. Right click on that and select "connect to (whatever you named your profile)" See the pictures below.
- Type in your username (if you didnt set it up to autofill in the steps above). This will be your FULL USERNAME which designates what distict or entity you are employed with. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Contact remc1 if you are unsure of your full username.
- Type in your NETWORK login password. This will be the same password used to log into your work computer and your email. Its all one login. If you are a vendor or outside entity/non REMC1 member then REMC1 will supply you with the password.
- Click Connect. If you receive a certificate warning (you shouldnt unless you used the IP address instead of fortigate.remc1.net as the remote gateway) accept it to finish the connection.
- Remember to disconnect when you are done.
- To disconnect double clock on the Forticlient shield icon on your desktop and then click Disconnect in the window that pops up OR right click on the green Forticlient shield in your taskbar and select disconnect. (see picture below)