The coronavirus Covid-19 is currently affecting our school systems in major ways. This page has, and will continue to be updated with various resources related to the virus, as well as various tools that schools and families can use during this time.
One of the frequent questions we get is, how do I clean my electronics. We have put together a compilation of recommendations here:
Guides for Schools
A number of resources have been created with useful information for schools to know regarding the virus. Below are some of these resources:
- Planning Guides
Remote Learning Resources
REMC1 has a number of resources available for students and teachers. Below are various links regarding these resources, how to use them, and how to make the most of them.
- Google Hangouts and Google Meet
- Google Meet (and Google Hangouts) are video conferencing services provided by Google. You can use these to hold real-time meetings and can easily create and invite people to meetings from Google Calendar. We have also added the recording functionality to Google Meet for staff accounts - you can now record meetings and share with your students.
- Google Meet Resources
- Video on using Google Meet Basics Including Premium Features by Kyle Pace
- Other Online Resources
- Discovery Education
- All REMC1 member schools have access to this resource for free. Please see the Getting Started Wiki for login information
- DEX (Discovery Plus) premium content has been made available for free from 3/18/20-6/30/20. Once logged into Discovery Ed, click here to access DEX content
- Explore How Do You DE?, Virtual Field Trips, Learning Adventures, and more directly from the student landing page for self-directed learning experiences. Explore ideas for Student Exploration now.