In order to remain CIPA compliant, all district-owned devices used by students must be filtered. The Fortigate web proxy allows us to do that when these devices leave the school district.
When outside the school district's network:
- If you have issues connecting to your home wireless, log out of the Chromebook and then try to connect before logging back in.
- Log into the Chromebook using the student's school-provided email address and password.
- Once logged in a window will pop up asking for your username and password again. Be sure to use the entire email, including the "@" and everything after it, even if it was not needed to log into the Chromebook.
- If the proxy prompt does not show up, press the the refresh button and it should then pop up.
- If you are still having issues please contact REMC1 SupportNet